Sunday, June 14, 2009


Pizzelle are not just for Christmas

Word of the Day

Rediculous - Slightly more than ridiculous.


My folks and I went to church this morning. Second time for me here at The Lake. Although I prepared for frigid morning temperatures, it was quite pleasant...almost warm. I really didn't need the winter jacket and scarf but...I didn't have to wear the gloves that I had stowed in my pockets. I'm not sure if someone talked to the intern that is serving at the church this year or not but...the sermon this Sunday was almost too abbreviated this Sunday. Mind you, I'm not complaining. My Dad thought it might have been that with all the VBS (vacation Bible school)activities, she didn't spend as much time preparing her sermon. I did get to meet the Pastor of the church. Oh my goodness...he kind of looks like my nephew Chris! I think I'm old enough to be his Mom. One more of the realities of getting older.

Again, there was a very nice continental breakfast served after the service. I found myself discussing bamboo cane poles with the other people at our table. My first serious fishing pole was a bamboo pole that my Mom and Dad bought for me from one of the numerous outside stands where one could readily purchase such things. My Mom rigged it for me. I still remember the intricacies of how one rigs a bamboo fishing pole. Sadly, the only bamboo I've seen lately is sold for purely decorative purposes or for gardening purposes. Again...I date myself. Bamboo cane poles were awesome! Perfect when you were trolling for crappies. *sigh*

HTP bought me a Pizzelle maker...online. We lamented the lack of a pizzelle maker last summer when we were asked to bring something to an Italian family reunion. I love pizzelle. I may not be Italian, but those waffle cookies are addictive. I've never been fond of anise but.... I made a batch of pizzelle today. I'm going to send most of them with HTP for when he goes to see his Mom and Dad tomorrow. But...I plan to keep some for HTP and me. There's something about sipping on a glass of red wine while nibbling on these anise seed laden confections. Not too sweet...just right.

Murphyism of the Day

Anton's Law of Stadiums and Arenas


When they keep the price of tickets down, the cost of parking goes up.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks.

- Indian Proverb

No comments: