Tuesday, June 30, 2009


I decided on a patriotic theme this year when I planted my window boxes on the deck.


Word of the Day

Retrocarbonic - Any drink machine that dispenses the soda before the cup.


Summer has come and gone...well...not really but the high temperature today stayed below 60 degrees. Along with the overcast skies, it felt more like a fall day instead of the beginning of summer. I'm back in my jeans, long-sleeved shirt, sweater, socks and shoes. And....there's a fire in the fireplace to take the chill out of the air. HTP is complaining that he can't get warm. On the positive side, the mosquitoes and deerfly aren't causing their usual problems.

I captured and transported another critter today. Chipmunk. That brings my deported chipmunk count up to four. I noted that the bean seed that I replanted is starting to come up...finally. Knock on wood, I won't have any more problems with the mourning dove population.

I'm thinking about picking some strawberries tomorrow. We'll see. Sis was going to come with me but she's otherwise occupied this week. I think Sarge and D Buddy helped me pick strawberries last year. I'm not sure how many strawberries I'll be able to pick on my own but there's nothing that says that I can't go out again with Sis to get more. I need some strawberries to make jam. I want some strawberries for dessert this weekend. Sis and I need some strawberries for our wine-making efforts. I'm NOT going to even try to pick all the strawberries that will be needed tomorrow morning. Rome wasn't built in a day and....I'm not going to try and the same goes when it comes to picking strawberries.

Murphyism of the Day

Mercado's Law


After getting client off on a grand theft auto charge, he will steal your car.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

We're not lost. We're locationally challenged.

- John M. Ford

No comments: