Wednesday, June 03, 2009


Meet Ms. Clone Head
...and this was after I had at it with a stiff brush. Thankfully, my hair grows pretty quickly.

Word of the Day

Racetred - Hatred for someone because of their race.


2009 Woodtick Count - 35

Sis and I are going into the city today. Shopping and...it's time for a hair cut and...dare I hope...style. I'm really not all that good at whacking away at my own bangs. I can do it. I shouldn't do it....but cutting my own bangs is as far as I'll go. I won't and can't cut the rest of my hair. I don't have the necessary qualifications...or the extra pair of hands. I can only hope and pray that the person who ends up my hair today is qualified. Similar prayers going up to include the person who will be whacking at Sis' hair.

I've been trying to remember the last time I had my hair cut...professionally. Christmas? My birthday? I can't remember. I suppose I could check my blog archives. Sis told me that the last time she got her hair cut was after the first of the year. January.

It's time to bite the bullet and let someone whack at our hair with a sharp implements as we sit passively and let them try to sell us hair products that we don't want or need. I hope I don't return home today looking like a clone head. Clone head? A clone head is someone who enters the beauty parlor looking like a distinct individual but upon exiting the beauty parlor looks exactly like everyone else who is exiting that particular beauty parlor. Cookie cutter clones. Same haircuts, same colors, same styles. The clone heads exit the beauty salon wearing the exact same wigs. Scary.

Murphyism of the Day

Dorr's Law of Athletics


In an otherwise empty locker room, any two individuals will have adjoining lockers.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

- Alexander Pope (1688 - 1744)

No comments: