Thursday, June 25, 2009


In Search of the Wild Watercress

Word of the Day

Rememberful - Tending to, or likely to remember; antonym to forgetful.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 38

Once again, Sis and I sallied forth, properly armed, in search of....The Wild Watercress. Dun, dun, dun.... Can you stand the suspense?

I'm not sure if it was the exceptionally cold winter or the exceptionally long and cold spring...or a combination of both..., but, Sis and I discovered (after hiking through the thick bush, beating off the flies and mosquitoes, and wading through wild swamps) that the wild watercress was exceptionally prolific this year. We got watercress! And...neither Sis or I ended up sinking to our knees in the quicksand. However, since this spring has been REALLY dry....we may have avoided sinking into quicksand because the swamp wasn't as swampy as usual.

Fair disclosure. I discovered the additional two woodticks of the daily woodtick count last night while getting ready for bed. I'm not sure where I picked them up but....I'm still looking suspiciously at a certain dog....whose name starts with a G. I'm hoping that the woodtick/mosquito spray that Sis and I armed ourselves with will inhibit any additional woodticks....at least...from today's hunting activities.

I've added to my trapped squirrel count. I released my latest squirrel over a mile from here. I hope that a mile will preclude this latest squirrel from returning like the preverbial homing pigeon...um...squirrel.

Murphyism of the Day

The Lawyer Joke Law


The problem with lawyer jokes is that lawyers don't think they're funny, and nobody else thinks they're jokes.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It is always a silly thing to give advice, but to give good advice is fatal.

- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

No comments: