Wednesday, June 10, 2009


The picture I took this morning....


A picture that #1 Son took in 2002 (His camera does telephoto)

Word of the Day

Realizement - A revelation, an epiphany. Something becomes clear or understood after being previously puzzling.


2009 Woodtick Count - 36

Bunny Alert! While taking Gypsy for our daily perimeter check, I saw a small gray fuzzy bunny in my garden...munching on my radishes. The bunny hadn't even waited until the radishes were big enough to do anything. I guess this bunny likes radish sprouts. I wonder if it likes bean sprouts too? Have I maligned the blue jays? Before I even made breakfast, I got the Havahart trap out of the garage, baited it with peanut butter, dog food, and bird seed and set it out in the garden. I have zero tolerance for illegal border crossers. That cute little bunny ate my radishes!

I spotted my first Pileated Woodpeckers of the year this morning...before breakfast. There were two of them on one of the trees between our house and the lake. They looked like they were performing some sort of mating dance. I tried to take a picture of them but...my camera doesn't do telephoto very well. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even get a picture of the two of them at the same time. They kept dancing around the tree...one on either side.

A lot happens before breakfast here at The Lake. You snooze...you miss out.

HTP and I got a call from Sarge yesterday. Surprise! They were calling from Arizona and wanted to stop by our house to crash for a couple of hours because check-in at their hotel wasn't until 3 PM. I guess Sarge and D Buddy had decided to take a spur of the moment, quick trip to Arizona to pick up some stuff that D Buddy had left in storage. Spontaneity...the spice of life. So...HTP and I made a bunch of phone calls so they could get into our Arizona house without someone calling the cops. HTP and I wouldn't want life to get too spicey. I plan to make another call today. I'm sure they turned off the AC, locked up and re-set the burglar alarm but....

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Bridge


It's always the partner's fault.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me

- Jimmy Buffett

No comments: