Monday, June 01, 2009


My dwarf lilacs are just starting to pop.

Word of the Day

Quipple - Zero or none, referring to wealth.


2009 Woodtick Count - 33

I decided to be lazy today, confining my activities to the bare necessities. There are still plenty of items on my To Do List but other than watering the garden, making breakfast, lunch...and later tonight...supper, and working on a baby blanket, I decided to take a lazy day. I'll work on increasing the woodtick count tomorrow.

We received 0.02 inches of rain last night which explains the need to water the garden. I thinned the radishes; and, my lettuce, peas and beans have all begun to sprout and the container gardens and Earthboxes on my deck are doing fine. I'll tackle the weeding and transplanting tomorrow...maybe.

Murphyism of the Day

Stenderup's Law


The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Seize opportunity by the beard, for it is bald behind.

- Bulgarian Proverb

No comments: