Saturday, June 13, 2009


Cute Little Destructive Bunny

Word of the Day

Rediculadundent - Having done or said something stupid over and over again.


2009 Woodtick Count - 36

Weird! I haven't seen any woodticks lately. Ummmm...wait for it. I was tromping down the high bushes around my garden today. If I don't see any additional woodticks after doing that... Could we have seen the end of woodtick season? Knock on wood.

I noted the other day that a rabbit had gotten into my garden. Cute little destructive bunny. I baited and set my Havahart trap and...I caught a bunny. I'm not sure if it was the same bunny that I saw but.... Anyway, since I set the trap inside my fenced in garden, the bunny was not where it should have been. The minute it entered my garden it became an illegal border crosser and had to be deported. Gypsy agreed. She doesn't like rabbits any more than she likes DD Daughter's cats. She went into a frenzy of barking when she saw the bunny. I'm not sure who was more scared, the bunny or Gypsy.


HTP and I transported (deported) the bunny to the outer edges of a farm....twenty miles from our home. Two birds with one stone...HTP and I had some shopping to do. I needed some netting to cover my fenced in vegetable garden. The birds have been snapping up the seeds I plant faster than they can sprout.

After breakfast, HTP and I installed the bird-netting we bought yesterday over the entire ceiling of the garden. This was definitely a two person job. As it was, we had a hard time keeping from getting tangled. However, I'm hoping this will take care of my bird vs. seed problem. Once the seeds become viable plants, there shouldn't be any more bird problems. I didn't have this problem during the previous years but the gal at the store told me that her father encountered the same problem when he planted his corn this year.

Murphyism of the Day

Gilbert's Law of Sports


Wherever you park, your seats will be on the other side of the stadium.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Magnificent promises are always to be suspected.

- Theodore Parker (1810 - 1860)

No comments: