Monday, June 29, 2009


A Glass of Wine and My Rocker Await

Word of the Day

Retox - The act of replenishing toxic substances that may have been depleted over time.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 39

Wow! The word of the day is coincidentally way appropriate today. HTP bought me some weed-killer that claims to kill the weeds in your lawn (actually guarantees this minor miracle) without killing your grass. He bought me the sprayer AND the refill. I had to "replenish" the sprayer with the refill in order to complete my treatment of the entire yard. See? I "replenished" something with a toxic substance. Then, speaking of toxic substances and the replenishment thereof....

I refilled both my wine boxes. One box for white wine (refrigerated), and one box for red (pantry wine). Replenishment meets recycling. Box wines are....OK...but the best thing about them is the air-tight bladder which makes the last glass of wine in the box taste the same as the first glass of wine....at least...to my aging pallet. I've been recycling...making use of and using the air-tight bladder by re-filling it with wines that are a heck of a lot better than that which originally came in said box....not to insult the box wines but...well.... Anyway, this way I can enjoy one glass of a really nice red wine...or white... and I can enjoy the rest of the bottle at my leisure. Even though I can still remember the day when I could drink a whole bottle of wine in an evening...those days have come and gone. My metabolism isn't what it used to be...and...I'm not so cavalier about losing brain cells like I was when my metabolism actually used to...metabolise.

Murphyism of the Day

Storry's Principle of Criminal Indictment


The degree of guilt is directly proportional to the intensity of the denial.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world.

Georges Duhamel (1884 - 1966)

No comments: