Thursday, June 11, 2009


Our log pile up on the old logging road


Word of the Day

Rebootilence - 1. An uncomfortable amount of time one has to wait while rebooting their computer. 2. Any uncomfortable period of time taken to restart one's computer while one is on the phone with technical support.


2009 Woodtick Count - 36

HTP and I decided to see how difficult it was to split logs today...using just a log-splitting wedge and the heavy mallet side of our axe. We really thought it would have been a lot more difficult and were seriously thinking about renting a gas-powered log-splitter. However, it didn't take us long to get into the rhythm of the thing, and with a little teamwork, we managed to split and load up the entire rear end of the Sidekick with logs. After returning home and stacking our load of newly split oak logs onto the wood pile in our garage, I can see that we managed to split enough wood to more than make up for all the wood we've burned this spring...and probably last spring too....and we hardly made a dent in our pile of oak logs up on the logging road. I'm not even sure we need to split any more logs this summer. On the other hand, if HTP feels up to splitting more wood....well...no more today. Of course, next time, I think I'll spray myself down with mosquito and tick spray. I haven't found any new woodticks today as yet but...I wouldn't be at all surprised if the woodtick count goes up by the time I blog tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Thomas's Law of Board Games


The one who least wants to play is the one who will win.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Until you've lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was.

Margaret Mitchell (1900 - 1949)

No comments: