Friday, September 12, 2003

Anyone have a spare brown paper bag I can use? Paper bag not plastic bag...I'm not suicidal. I hear that brown paper bags are supposed to help if you breath into them when you're hyper-ventilating. Since I've never hyper-ventilated I can only go by hearsay. I am in panic mode however. I'm almost packed. Tomorrow we're going to drive into Minneapolis one last time to have lunch with my husband's folks. Our boat is winterized and stored in the garage. I made the relish and canned three quarts of tomatoes. I had to re-can one quart of tomatoes because it was being stubborn. Besides this I did all the laundry and packed....mostly. I cleaned out the refrigerator and took a load of stuff over to my folks place for them to use. I forgot some stuff so I'll have to bring that stuff over there tomorrow on our way to Minneapolis. We lock up our home here in Wisconsin, close and padlock the gate to our driveway, and hit the open road on Sunday morning. First stop Omaha. If I can get my head out of a paperbag for any extended period of time between now and the then I'll try and blog. We'll see.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

For some odd reason, the oak tree is struck more than any other by lightening. Thankfully, all of my oak trees (lots and lots of them) seem to have weathered last night's storm just fine. I did have to clear three trees off my parents' driveway however. Despite all the wind, we only got 1/2" of rain and I did not witness any lightening. Wisconsin is still experiencing drought conditions.

No comments: