Monday, September 29, 2003

I spent the day hunting. The Ultimate of Hunting! I was stalking a new house. One must never let on for a moment that they are actually interested in buying a new house. Therein comes the "stalking" part of the hunt. I may have hinted in past blogs about my dissatifaction with the HOA (Home Owner's Association) here in my current dwelling. I think the time has come to start looking around for something different. I want something with no grass, desert loving trees and shrubs, and little or no maintanance. I want to turn the thermostat to 96°, lock the door and head off to Wisconsin knowing that I won't come back to any surprises or nasty letters in the mail. Nice neighbors would be a definite plus. I have great neighbors now...most of them. Maybe I can talk them into coming with me. Of course, the final roots can't be ripped from my current residence until after my son graduates in June. But I can dream. I can definitely dream. And in the meantime, I can hunt and stalk when I'm not going to Italian classes, planning my daughter's wedding, and dealing with daily disasters and menopause.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

When statues of horseback riding heroes are constructed, the horse's position signifies how the hero died. A statue showing the horse with two hooves raised indicates the hero died in battle; one hoof raised, he died of battle wounds; and if all four hooves are on the ground, the hero died naturally. So, what if the hero is still alive? Or do you only get a statue if you're a dead hero?

No comments: