Thursday, September 18, 2003

The top of my stove was a disaster. It was clean when I left Arizona in June. My refrigerator was clean too but that's another story. My son was home alone for one month. When my husband came home the stove was a disaster. He hesitantly told me this when he came to Wisconsin. He told me that we'd have to replace all the grates and the drip pans. This is a KitchenAid cooktop. For the cost of replacing the grates and the drip pans, I could buy a whole new stovetop. He told me that the grates and drip pans were black. The grates are supposed to be a light gray and the drip pans were supposed to be eggshell white. I can testify to the fact that they were black when I got home. I don't know how they got that way. I'm pretty darn sure that I don't want to know. Shudder! Yuck! What a mess! This was a true commercial opportunity. I should have left the mess and called Proctor & Gamble. Instead I decided to give Dawn Power Dissolver a try. Amazing stuff. I had to use an entire bottle of the stuff and leave it "soaking" overnight but it worked. My cooktop is clean. I'm exhausted but the cooktop is clean. I put Dawn Power Dissolver on my shopping list. One must be prepared for these little (huge) emergencies. I may even buy two bottles of the stuff. My husband asked it if would work on the bottoms of the frying pans that my son must have been using on the top of my stove. I'm not ready to go there yet. Besides, I'm out of Dawn.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Chewing gum magnate William Wrigley, Jr. started his working career as a soap salesman. I'm a little old to be following in his footsteps.

No comments: