Thursday, September 25, 2003

Goldie Locks has hair. While shopping at the mall with my daughter yesterday, we came across a booth where some oriental ladies were selling jeweled hair-clips and hair pins and hair pieces. I've passed this booth many times and have always thought the jewelry was interesting but who on earth would buy a hank of hair to put in their own hair. Well now I can cease my wondering because it has become apparent that my daughter and I would. We had stopped to admire the jeweled clips thinking that they may look nice for the wedding...we were really looking for a tiara but they didn't have one that was "just right". The two oriental ladies attacked my daughter's hair with combs and hair-pieces. I must say that I was impressed. My daughter was thrilled. Her exact words were, "I look like such a girl!" followed by, "I have hair!" Her own hair is cut in a short bob. We left the mall with two hair-pieces, instructions on their use, several jeweled hair pins and a butterfly hair clip. My daughter commented, "Who needs a tiara? I have hair!" She still had hair when I saw her today. I cautioned that she may want to save the hair for the wedding but she seemed so happy that I let her keep her new hair to play with for a while. I hope she doesn't break it.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Thomas Edison wanted to put a large phonograph in the mouth of the Statue of Liberty to give it a voice that could be heard all over New York Harbor. His idea was met with silence. Ghostbusters II decided to take that idea one step further as I recall. I think I preferred the first Ghostbusters.

No comments: