Monday, September 22, 2003

I am totally amazed at how many "hits" I'm getting for my blog about what I wrote about Pogo. Don't you people have a life? I know that I don't. LOL. I actually sat and played Greenback Bayou for hours yesterday. Why? This has got to be the dumbest game existing. I played it the first time to get a badge. After I got that first badge I promised myself that I'd never play it again. Then another Pogo Club Badge Challenge reared it's ughly head. So I played Greenback Bayou and jumped little flies and attempted to grab that illusive blue butt lightening bug again. What I don't understand is all these people, myself included, who keep coming back to play when there is no badge challenge. I think it just may be that this is one game where you really don't have to use your brain to play while you're engaging in a chatroom conversation. Everyone I've met in Greenback Bayou chatrooms has been nicer then nice. I guess that's why I keep going back there. It certainly isn't the sound of those wierd flies buzzing or that awful alligator who keeps biting my frogs on the butt. It isn't for the tokies either. Greenback Bayou has become a quiet, peaceful oasis where I can play and chat. On a side note: I have not been back to Squelchies. I'll get to it. It was a fun game but I'd find myself getting all tense. I think you have to be in the right kind of mood for this. Peace is what I'm seeking right now while I continue planning my daughter's wedding at the end of next month.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The Canary Islands were named after a large breed of dogs which were found there. Canariae insulae (Island of Dogs). I couldn't find any pictures of those dogs. I'll have to keep looking. Anyway, the Canary Islands were not named for that little yellow bird that can be purchased at your local pet store.

No comments: