Monday, September 15, 2003

Why did my blog repeat itself yesterday? Why did Blogger change it's format again? I'm really getting too old for all these changes. I am not responsible for the double post of yesterday. I think Blogger hiccuped. I hope he's feeling better today or you'll be seeing double again.
I spent the day with a twinging sore neck because I must have slept funny last night at the hotel in Omaha. Clubhouse Inn. I didn't get much sleep so I can't figure out how I could have slept funny. Maybe it's because I lay awake funny. The air-conditioner was REALLY LOUD in our room last night. We tried everything. My husband was ready to do surgery on the fan. It sounded like we had a motorcycle idling in our room. When we turned the fan down to "low", the resultant dishwasher sound wasn't much of an improvement. Our final resort was to turn the dang thing off and open the window....a crack. This wasn't too safe since we were on the ground floor but it was either open the window or suffocate. My thoughts at 3 AM was that even thieves and murderers have to sleep sometime. Please don't enlighten my ignorance. I prefer to live with my rose colored glasses. Thankfully, we survived the night and are now getting ready to sleep in Denver, Colorado.
I've mentioned in past blogs about time changes. We "gained" an hour just before we crossed the Nebraska-Colorado border. Sorry. I don't feel any different. I'm still tired. I look forward to a sleep-filled night. The air-conditioner here in our Wellesley Inn room is blessedly quiet. It's purring gently. Too bad I don't have anything to cook on the stove provided in our room or put in the large refrigerator. Why do they always provide such tiny coffee pots though? Oh well...I'll drink the one cup in our room before my husband gets up and grab more at the breakfast buffet tomorrow.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Kleenex was called "Celluwipes" when first marketed in 1924. Hah! I always called them "Nose Clothes". My oldest daughter told me that her teacher used to give her grief about that one. My son's teacher didn't care for the term "lupper" either (that meal that combines lunch and supper). Some teachers have no sense of humor or creativity. They get all upset if you color the grass blue too.

No comments: