Tuesday, September 23, 2003

I've been chasing dust all morning yesterday. OK...not all morning. First I had to remove the dead bodies of the plants that my son murdered. Negligent herbicide? I still haven't figured out how he killed those cactus. He must have really been trying which would make it premeditated herbicide. He's a herbicidal maniac. Thankfully, some of my plants are almost impossible to kill. The spider plant that was flourishing when I left Arizona in June looked nauseous. I had to repot it. 1/3 of its poor roots were all rotten. I think he forgot to water the poor thing and then he drowned it. I was able to rescue it and some of its babies...I think... after major surgery. I only dusted the family room. From the looks of things I'll only be able to tackle one room at a time. The dust is that thick. I'd be surprised weeds haven't sprouted in all that dust but if my son can kill cactus he can kill weeds too.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The Douglas fir is not a fir. It is a pine tree. With my son's green thumb any pine tree in his care would be a mere shadow of it's former shade, an everbrown, pineless even.

No comments: