Wednesday, September 17, 2003

I'm home. My other home. I'm back in Arizona. I know it's not all that hot. It was only 101°F when we hit town at 4:30 PM. I knew it was going to be hot. I wore shorts. The drive from Albuquerque to Phoenix was a bit of a challenge. The gale force winds were creating interesting squealing noises as they raced through the closed windows of our car. My thoughts turned to my brother and his dock organ. I'll leave you to ponder that one. My dogs may never forgive me for that short walk I took them on in Gallup. Have you ever seen two dogs flying on the end of a kite string? Well if the wind had been just a tad stronger and if you'd been there in Gallup today my dogs would have been flying and I would have been controling the strings.

The shortcut from Hollbrook that runs diagonally down to Phoenix turned out to be not so great of a shortcut afterall. ROAD CONSTRUCTION!!! We should have gone through Flagstaff...the long way. Oh well. The drive was scenic and we got to ponder...whatever...on the half hour wait as we all shut down our engines and sat in the 85°F northern Arizona heat. At least there was a breeze and the smell of the pine trees. We did get to eat at this really neat restaurant near Heber. The Red Onion. Don't order their french fries. They didn't pass the wimp test. Some people just don't know how to make good french fries. The hamburgers were great! And what they do with bacon is absolutely fabulous. I saw a B.L.T walk by and I almost followed it. Thankfully, the waitress brought my Red Onion Dip by then (French Dip with Bacon) and I sucked down every calorie. I'll diet tomorrow. Honest. I just have to go grocery shopping first.

I unpacked my two suitcases, read some of my mail which has been accumulating for the last few months I've been in Wisconsin. None of it was too vital. Slot tournaments in Las Vegas, credit card applications (everyone seems to want to give you a credit card these days), mail order catalogs, stuff like that. I'll sort through it more tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. I like those catalogs. Make good bathroom reading. I found space in my cupboards for most of the canning that I brought back to Arizona with me. Tomatoes, pickles, jam, and green beans. I cleaned the refrigerator and then unpacked the cooler.

Time to quit and leave the rest for another day. I refuse to look at the dust or the layer of grime on top of the stove. I will worry about all that tomorrow. Tomorrow will be another day.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

There are ten times as many sheep in Australia as there are people. As you count sheep tonight, you can think of this little bit of trivia from down-under and ponder whether or not sheep count people when they have trouble sleeping...and do you or anyone you know actually count sheep in order to go to sleep?

No comments: