Sunday, September 14, 2003

The trip from Wisconsin to Omaha, Nebraska was uneventful. So uneventful that I mentally found myself playing that old "alphabet game" that my parents had us play when we were kids in the car for those long car trips. I managed to finally find a "Z" as we were just entering the outskirts of Omaha. There was a sign advertising a Zoo. By the time I got my Z, I could no longer remember what my "A" was. It's not that I wanted an eventful trip from Wisconsin to Omaha but endless fields of dried out corn really doesn't help pass the time. Our only bit of excitement was the two younger drivers who appeared to be attempting to find a bit of open highway where they could drag race. Sorry guys, it was a Sunday and the roads were too busy with "weekenders" returning from wherever for that sort of thing. Try again tomorrow. My highlight for the evening was meeting my oldest daughter and her boyfriend at The Nebraska Cattle Company for supper. I had Prime Rib and ate lots more then I probably should have had. I'll go back on the diet at a future date.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Jaguars are scared of dogs. Hah! Not my dogs. I've got chihuahuas. Of course, my poor dogs really think that they are dobermans so they'd probably chase a jaguar given the remotest opportunity. You should have seen them last year when they hurled insults from the deck at our lakehome at a black bear not 10 feet away. After I restrained my two "dobermans" I didn't stick around to explain things to one confused black bear.

No comments: