Monday, September 08, 2003

A big part of any planned trip is in the "planning". I've mentioned in past blogs my dependency upon lists. It's hereditary. A great part of my day was spent on list making. I've already checked off numerous items from "The Closing List". I've arranged to have my boat winterized and stored. I've arranged to have my dock dragged out of the water. I've visited with our Post Mistress and arranged to have my mail forwarded. She told me that I can pay for my P.O Box rental next June when I'm already planning my return list. I called the plumber...Aaron...he raises beef cattle and is as concerned about this drought as I am...and arranged to have the water turned off and drained from the house so the pipes don't freeze and break this winter. I asked him to reverse the process next spring. Now I won't have to call him next spring to tell him to reactivate my water. Two birds with one stone is always nice. I planted all the tulip bulbs. I planted my three rose bushes that have been pretty all year in the planters on my deck. I believe in killing two birds with one stone when it comes to decorative plantings for my deck too. I picked more tomatoes from my garden. Lettuce too. I'll wait until Thursday to do the final garden stuff. My closing list is pretty long but this year my husband is here to help me with everything. I'm sure he'll be a great help. Really. I really need to learn to delegate more.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The male mosquito does not bite--only the female does. This just goes to show you.

No comments: