Friday, February 27, 2004

64 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)
35 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

I was going to go out for a walk this morning with my dogs but they looked at me like I was crazy so I didn't until I noticed that it really wasn't raining...yet. Upon reflection I can see why they may have thought walking in the rain might be a bad idea. But it wasn't really raining so I made them take a quick walk anyway. A quick walk is a walk in which you cover the same distance that you normally cover but in half the time. Quick before it starts to rain.

HTP (husband-type-person) and I went over to check out the new house yesterday. We had to stop at the sales office to get a builder master key because there are now locks on the doors. The builder finally moved the ceiling vent that we've been begging him to move since it was installed. We had to drag him over to the house to show him that someone was going to patch over our speaker wires if he didn't do something about it. At the same time I pointed out that I really didn't expect calico cupboards when I chose the upgraded oak cabinets from the decorator center. I realize that oak has many variations in color and wood grain. I like oak and I like the many variations and color but it would have been nice to see some consistancy. I have one cabinet door that had red, blonde and dark woods all glued together on the same panel and all different wood grains too. Calico cabinets. The builder promised me that the cabinet guy (undoubtedly color blind) would come and look at them. HTP pointed out to me afterwards that he didn't promise that anything would be done to correct the situation.

I am relieved to see that this post relegates the picture of my tattoo to archival history. For those who want to know, my tattoo is healing nicely. It itches like crazy (I am not scratching it) but I can wear my jeans again.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Don't Try These Folk Remedies...unless you want to and you won't come back and sue me.

Rubbing a fox tongue on your eyes will cure cataracts.

To cure a headache, tie a string around a buzzard's head and wear it around your neck. (mmmm...that's one I've never tried.)

Frostbite? Mix cow milk with cow manure and apply it to the affected area.

No comments: