Wednesday, February 25, 2004

66 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)
37 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

The Sign Fairy visited our house sometime after I collected the mail at 3 PM yesterday from our mailbox and before I took the dogs out for our nightly walk after 7PM. We have a Sold sign out in front of the house. I suppose the next step will be the removal of all signs. We've got two closings that we need keep straight. I tried to be clear on the above header.

I should tell you that I honestly don't take the dogs out for nightly walks. I don't always have the energy for such a project. I did have the energy last night and since the rain had finally stopped (it's been raining for the last couple of days which is actually a good thing because we really need the rain but it's kind of depressing too) I decided to take the dogs out for a walk. I needed the exercise far more then the dogs.

I don't plan to start packing my household for the move for a while yet. It's just nice to sit around and do absolutely nothing for a bit. I plan to enjoy the non-activity or non-"selling the house" activity. I still have stuff to do that has nothing to do with selling a house so I actually won't be sitting around on my hands doing nothing. But, I'll worry about selling the living room set that won't fit into the new home next week. I already packed up all the stuff that I didn't need for everyday life and Easter, before we put the house on the market. I don't have to pack up the Easter stuff and the china buffet stuff until mid-April. I fully intend spending one more Easter in this house but that may change. We'll see. Depends on how energetic I get.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

More Cures For What Ails You

To cure a cold, rub your feet with grease. If that doesn't work, eat some bear brains.

Fox fat, when warmed and placed in the ear, will cure an earache.

To get rid of a wart, rub the wart with a peeled apple, then feed the apple to a pig.

*Warning! I did not invent these cures and I don't guarantee their efficacy.

No comments: