Saturday, February 07, 2004

House For Sale - Day 4

8:33 AM - I've decided that I'll provide a running account throughout the day if time allows. Right now I'm the only person awake in this household. The dogs are up too...well not really. They went back to sleep after eating their breakfast and running outside in the relative cold of the Chandler morning...38°F. I guess I'm the only living creature aside from assorted unknown insects or arachnids that is awake. I've made the coffee and I'm half-way through my first cup. I started boiling the marmalade mixtures on the stove. The house smells lemony fresh. There have been no calls as yet but it's early. There's nothing really on TV so I may read a book or play Pogo until the other humans in the household wakeup and want breakfast.

10:34 AM - They're up! I've made breakfast and my son is getting ready for trumpet and guitar lessons. I have to remember to retrieve my cell phone from him before he leaves. He borrowed it last night when he went to the basketball game. He played his trumpet for what they call the Pup Band. Still no phone calls about the house. The marmalade is still boiling on the stove. The house smells lemony fresh despite the omelots and toast that I made for breakfast.

12:58 PM - There still hasn't been any phone calls about the house. We've dusted and vacuumed and I'm making lunch.

1:56 PM - I just discovered that the Virtual Tour Of My House is on the web and available for all to see. Anyone want to buy my house?

5:02 PM - We just got back from looking at the new house and running some errands. Before we left we warned our son that he may have to vacate the house if someone needed to come in to see it. When we got back our son was missing, all the lights were on in the house (good boy) and the dogs were gone along with their kennel. There was a realtor card on the kitchen counter. Conclusion? Someone had come to see the house while we were out. Our son just came back. The groceries are all put away. Next?

6:38 PM - OK. That's all for today. I made chicken stirfry for supper...with rice. No-one else has called but I expect that someone will call tomorrow sometime. Probably while I'm at church. My plans for the rest of the night are to curl up with a good book and relax. Stay tuned...more tomorrow.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The "Arabic" numbering system we use today actually originated in India. It was later brought to Arab lands, where westerners first encountered them and labeled the numbers "Arabic". And we call the indigenous population of North America "Indian" because someone thought they were in India when they first arrived? I hear that the word "kangaroo" means "I don't know" in Aborigine. Someone asked, "What the heck is that strange creature?" and their answer was, "Kangaroo".

No comments: