Saturday, February 21, 2004

House For Sale - Day 18

Is my house sold? I really don't know yet. No-one has called to let us know what the results of the walk-thru were. So, I repeat, until I see a Sold sign out in front of my house...the house is still for sale.

We went over to the new house today to measure for window coverings. There was a crew painting the exterior of the house. The new cabinets were installed...such as they were. I wasn't all that happy with them. They looked like they were made of several different types of wood with no thought put into matching grain or color. I suppose I'll have a fight on my hands when I try to get them to fix the problem. We also got a call from our building coordinator and the first walk-thru of our newly completed house is scheduled for March 29th. The second walk-thru and the closing is scheduled for April 2nd. That's good. At least they didn't schedule it for April Fool's Day.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Cockamamie is a word used to describe something that is "worthless" or "absurd". This word may have originated from the inability of early 20th-century kids in Manhattan's Lower East Side to pronounce decalcomania, a cheap picture to be transferred onto wood or china (a decal).

No comments: