Thursday, February 05, 2004

House For Sale Day 2

It's not noon yet and I have a repair person coming to fix my oven. I have a realtor coming to preview the house for a client coming into town this weekend. I hope she doesn't trip over the repair person. I still don't have a For Sale sign out in the front of my house. We received a notice in the mail that our HOA is having elections for board members. I think I'm going to turn my proxie over to my poor friend who will be remaining in the neighborhood.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

My mother told me this but in case you didn't know, a woodtick is not an insect. Insects have six legs and three body parts. Ticks, on the other hand, have eight legs and two body parts, which according to John's Unstoppable Bathroom Reader, classifies them as arachnids, not insects. I seem to recall that my mother told me that they weren't really arachnids either but that they were in a class by themselves? Heh Mom, can you please clarify this for me?...I can't remember. Regardless, woodticks are nasty little bloodsucking creatures which will gorge themselves if left unchecked until they turn into grotesque tan-colored marbles many times their original size at which point they will withdraw, tumble to the ground and stagger off. Yuck! I usually try to stop them before they reach this point. And let's not forget that some of these nasty creatures carry Lyme's disease too.

No comments: