Tuesday, February 17, 2004

House For Sale - Day 14

I think I'm supposed to get a tattoo today. It's all kind of weirdly cosmically comical. Years ago I promised my daughter that I'd get a tattoo when I reached my 50th birthday. It seemed like a far distant time in the future. My daughter set something up for today...I think. I haven't heard from her and I'm not going to call her to remind her. Heck! I thought she'd forget about that promise that I made. Anyway, if she remembers and things are set up, I guess I'll get a tattoo. If she forgets and things aren't set up I'll be on probation until a future date. I suspect that I'll either get a tattoo today or I'll get a tattoo in the next few days. If I get my tattoo, I'll tell you all about it. Why did I agree to get a tattoo? I don't know. Rites of passage? Who knows. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

My daughter just called. She's got the memory of an elephant! Oh well...I'm scheduled to get my tattoo (thankfully I got to pick the design...no skulls or I "heart" Mom though I do love my Mom. I'm getting a frog, a teeny-tiny frog...with wings) at 3 PM. If I survive, I'll let you know how it went.

I've got a tattoo. It wasn't that bad. I've had more painful experiences then getting a tattoo. Childbirth was more painful. Migraines are more painful. Having your leg ripped off and stuck in your ear... OK. That never happened to me. I'd say the Epilady or waxing comes pretty close to describing the experience....for a full hour. Apparently I picked a rather sensitive part of my body when I chose the location of my tattoo. I must say that I didn't scream or even moan...not once. Get your mind out of the gutter...the tattoo is over my left kidney. I heard a lot of loud moans coming from some of the other customers in the "parlor". Men are such babies. My daughter took a picture of my tattoo but you'll have to wait to see it. My husband just saw my tattoo as I was cleaning it. He said, "Oh! That's a big one!" No it isn't...and my butt isn't big either.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

There are about one billion red blood cells in two to three drops of blood. I hate to think about how many red blood cells I shed while getting this tattoo.

No comments: