Monday, February 09, 2004

House For Sale - Day 6

7:42 AM - The dogs wanted attention at 6 AM. Who needs an alarm clock? My son is off to school and I've made sure his rooms are clean. Actually, he only has one official room but he's spilled into the bonus room and then there's "his" bathroom. I guess he has a three room suite. Poor unfortunate child. I've cleaned up my entire marmalade making mess of yesterday. No-one would ever know that I had make marmalade yesterday. I'm itching to make a batch of my famous multi-grain chocolate chip/raisin cookies but I'm afraid that the minute I start this project a realtor will call. I may try anyway. The luscious smell may sell the house. I can be like Martha and make only a dozen cookies at a time.

11:15 AM - Hah! I made a whole batch of multi-grain chocolate chip/raisin cookies and I made breakfast and I cleaned everything up so only the wonderful aroma of cookies remain. No realtor calls. That could be a good thing or that could be a bad thing. I ate one of the cookies. MMMMM!!!!! Only good carbs, right?

1:03 PM- We've got flyers! Of course, not everything is exactly accurate on the flyer but maybe the inaccuracies will draw people in to see the house. One realtor came in to preview the house and we have another realtor scheduled to preview the house between 2 and 3 PM. We were told that we wouldn't have to leave. I'm going to quickly make some lunch so we can get that out of the way. In the meantime, I've got several pieces of crocheted lace out on my bed "blocking". I hope this doesn't disturb anyone.

2:50 PM - Two different sets of realtors came through to preview the house. All the lights were turned on in preparation for their visit. All the lights are now turned off. My "blocking" is still stretched out on the bed. My son is home from school. Oops! I have to go retrieve the dogs from the garage. I didn't want them barking while the realtors were here.

4:15 PM - A realtor is bringing his client through the house tomorrow after 11:30 AM. This may be a bit tricky. I have a cleaning crew coming in the morning at around 8 AM and I wanted to do laundry. It's even going to be a challenge to get my husband out of bed before the cleaners get here. Supper is in the oven. We're going to have roast beef with broccoflower as a side dish. Let's hope that a realtor doesn't decide to come at just the wrong time. I don't like well-done beef roast.

6:00 PM - OK...that's it of tonight. My roast is just about ready to come out of the oven. The table is set for supper and I've poured myself a nice glass of Shiraz which is supposed to be good for me according to the latest study. Any realtor that calls at this point is going to have to bring their clients through tomorrow.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

CHAOTIC is the acronym for Computer-Human-Assisted Organization of a Technical Information Center.

BOGSATT stands for Bunch Of Guys Sitting Around The Table (Pentagonese for where the important decisions are made).

No comments: