Friday, May 26, 2006

Word of the Day

ALLREGRETTO - When you're 16 measures into the piece and realize you took too fast a tempo.

It's #1 son's birthday today. Happy Birthday #1 son! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday Dear #1 Son! Happy Birthday to You! No longer a teenager.

The Birthday Fairy stopped and left a Birthday card for #1 son on our kitchen table. I didn't actually witness the event because I was down in the basement folding clothes. HTP didn't see anything. He was in the shower. #1 son was and is still sleeping. I have to admit that we don't lock our doors here at The Lake but I'm sure that The Birthday Fairy would have found a way inside regardless.

I made a birthday cake for #1 son yesterday. There wasn't a store bought mix in my pantry so I got a 5-star recipe off the net. Mistake. It boiled over in my oven. I can still smell the burnt cake smell. However, with enough icing, I think I managed to make it look OK and it wasn't the cake that burnt. It was just the stuff on the bottom of the oven. Oh well. It's the thought that counts....right? Anyway, I did go out and buy ice cream.

Then this morning before #1 son got up (he's still not up), HTP and I took his folks' Buick in for repairs at a place close to where we live. I stopped into The Store, our one and only official grocery store (there's actually a rustic wooden floor in that place and it's REALLY small). So imagine my shock when I discovered that they had ice cream cakes. Woohoo! I'm not sure how it'll taste but I'm thinkin' that it'll taste a lot better than my poor baking attempt of yesterday.

Murphyism of the Day

Gabitol's Observation

The wise are pleased when they discover the truth, fools when they discover falsehood.

No comments: