Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Word of the Day

Publicaution - A consumer alert.

Woodticks! I went outside this morning to collect more dandelion blossoms for wine-making. Sure enough. The second I sat down after cleaning them all up, right here at my computer, I feel a little itch. It was one of those tiny woodticks which had managed to grab a hold. Dang! Oh well, I consigned her to a watery grave and than sat back down at the computer. No sooner than I started this blog, I start feeling something tickling my back. Now, as most people know, when you have had one woodtick, you start feeling phantom ticks crawling all over your body. This wasn't a phantom tick. She hadn't attached herself as yet but I know she was looking for a likely spot. She ended up in a watery grave flushed shortly after her little friend. So, right now I'm checking out every little phantom tickle. Wait a minute...I think I feel one on my leg. Nope...just a phantom.

HTP got back late from The Big City. Really late. I was beginning to worry that he'd hit a deer. Sounds like he had LOTS of fun. Taking #1 son to the airport was a breeze. It was all the other stuff that he had to take care of that were on his To Do List. He's, ummmm, looking forward to going back next Wednesday when he picks up #1 son from the airport and takes care of taking his folks to the DMV to get their new photo-ID cards and whatever else he has to add to his To Do List from not until then. He was going to do the photo- ID thing yesterday but it seems that time and circumstances made it so he wasn't able to get all the things he wanted done. It's too bad that they don't make exceptions in Minnesota for when elderly people have to do the change of address thing. In Arizona, you can do the change of address thing online. In Minnesota, you have to show up and stand in a line. And...they close at 5 PM. Lovely.

My sister e-mailed me yesterday. She found this neat recipe for lilac wine. It looks like we're going to be having lots of fun this summer with various wine experiments. I'll keep you posted.

Woodtick Update

HTP found a woodtick (maybe two) crawling up his arm. The first sighting he treated like a pesky mosquito. He flicked it. The second sighting may have been the same woodtick or it may have been a second woodtick (he captured it) which makes me wonder....What happened to that first woodtick, if this captive isn't the tick that got flicked. The only outdoor exercise he's had is to take the garbage up to the main road....in the car. He's blaming my dandelion collecting. Or the dogs. Me? I haven't seen any more woodticks but I'm still feeling those phanthom ticks.

Murphyism of the Day

Democritus' Rule

Nothing exists except atoms and empty space. Everything else is opinion.

No comments: