Monday, May 29, 2006

Word of the Day

APPOLOGGIATURA - A composition that you regret playing.

It's Memorial Day. My thoughts are never far from those who are serving in our military these days and the news that bombards us on a daily basis. I suppose it's natural that I would feel this way since one of my own daughters is a Marine and her husband is in Iraq right now with the Nebraska National Guard. On top of that, I have lots of Marine Moms and Wives who I've grown to know and love since my daughter became a Marine. Some of their sons are in Iraq right now. Some of them have sons and daughters who are gearing up to go to Iraq for the first time, for some it will be the second time. One will be having her second son while he husband is in Iraq. I think all of us feel the impact of Memorial Day. And as one of the troops in Iraq eloquently stated, "It's always Memorial Day here."

Murphyism of the Day

Steiner's Precepts

1. Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.

2. Logic can never decide what is possible or impossible.

No comments: