Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Word of the Day

APPROXIMENTO - A musical entrance that is somewhere in the vicinity of the correct pitch.

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a beauty.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor?

OK...I just couldn't resist. I used to watch Mr. Rogers endlessly when my children were growing up. It was one of their favorite shows....that and Sesame Street. It was a bit scary to watch them drop everything and like obedient zombies follow the sound of that famous Mr Rogers song to a seat near our TV set. However, that song just describes today perfectly. It was truly a beautiful day here in the neighborhood. The weekenders are long gone. It was rather hot and humid but my air-conditioning system was working.

I transplanted some of my Pansies and Johnny Jump Ups that had seeded themselves this spring in places where they weren't exactly optimal. Volunteers. From the look of things, I may never have to buy another Pansy or Johnny Jump Up as long as I live. It's rather amazing to see the results of cross pollenation when it comes to the colors that these new plants exhibit.

I cooked up my first batch of crayfish. I'll clean them up later and freeze them until I can get enough for eating. There aren't too many right now. My Mom thinks it might be because the water temperature is still a bit cold. Despite our unseasonably warm spring weather, the water in the lake is still frigid which isn't all that surprising since it hasn't been all that long since the winter ice finally disappeared from The Lake.

But...it was truly a beautiful day in this neighborhood.

Murphyism of the Day

Feinberg's Principle

Memory serves its own master.

No comments: