Thursday, May 11, 2006

Word of the Day

Pompuss - The attitude of cats.

We're home again! It felt so good to sleep in my own bed last night. We finally got home at around 9 PM. I went into the Post Office and picked up our mail and then toodled over to my folks' place to pick up the dogs. That's it for me today. I figure it's going to take at least a couple more days to recover from yesterday. The temperature outside right now is 38°F and it's drizzling. I've heard that there's snow not far north of us. I brought my geraniums inside from where I'd put them on the deck. It is COLD! Maybe I'll light a fire in the fireplace.

Yesterday was spent as stated. HTP and I got to his folks' place at around 8 AM. We were met by HTP's brother. We poured on some speed and got most of their single bedroom apartment packed up and into boxes by the time the movers arrived at 9 AM. We continued boxing and taping until the movers had loaded up everything that we'd packed and all the furniture was in the truck. At that point, HTP and his Dad went to check HTP's Mom out of the transitional care facility and bring her over to their new assisted care apartment.

HTP's brother and I met HTP's sister at the new apartment, where we met the movers and directed the move. Put this chair here, put that chair there, put the kitchen table and stuff here and there. HTP's sister and I started unpacking boxes and setting up the kitchen and the bedrooms. I was amazed at how much we got done before HTP and I called it quits at 4 PM. When we left to pick #1 son up at college, HTP's sister and brother were still working hard but the plan was to take HTP's folks back over to their old apartment where a party was planned for the evening and then return them to sleep in their new apartment that night.

HTP, #1 son, and I all treated ourselves to dinner in Cumberland before we headed on back here to The Lake. If I hadn't been pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to get myself out of the jacuzzi, I would have soaked before heading to bed but I was just too sore to do more than unpack and crawl into bed. On the plus side? I'm hoping that we don't have to do anything close to this anytime soon again. Packing and moving are not my favorite activities but I'm happy that we were able to help HTP's folks and make things easier for HTP's sister. I know that HTP's parents will be a lot morecomfortablee in their new home. Now....when I can move in? I think I want to make an appointment with the massage therapist.

Murphyism of the Day

Clarke's First Law

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

No comments: