Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Word of the Day

APPROXIMATURA - A series of notes not intended by the composer, yet played with an "I meant to do that" attitude

HTP and I drove into the city...not The Big City...just the city, not to be confused with the town. The town is the closest to us and features The Store, The Bank, The Hardware Store, and The BlueGill Bar. OK...there's more to it than that but you get the idea. The city is about 20 minutes away from us here at The Lake. The city has a Walmart, a KMart, a Farm&Fleet, a Menard's (kinda like a Home Depot or Lowes), two grocery stores, liquor stores, AND a tiny movie theatre. I went to the Walmart and got some shorts, some skorts, and some new shirts. Then I went to the grocery store but forgot to buy the bread. I'll have to go and get bread at The Store which isn't all that harsh. After getting the groceries, sans bread, I bought three huge geranium plants for the planters on my deck. Then...I got beer and wine. The wine was on sale. The beer wasn't (on sale) but when you live in Wisconsin beer just seems to taste better so you have to keep a ready supply on hand. And then I cheated and got myself a McD's Happy Meal for lunch.

Now, about this time you all are probably wondering about what happened to HTP while all this was going on. The thing is that we both drove into the city...but not together. HTP drove his folks' car and I followed in The Gator. Just in case. HTP wanted to get the oil changed and have a new battery put into his folk's car. So, after the car stuff was done, HTP drove on back to The Lake and I continued on with my shopping. My new geraniums look wonderful in the window boxes on the deck. I'm wearing a new shorts outfit. And...I'm tired. Oh...and I have a new Happy Meal toy. Bliss!

Murphyism of the Day

Coleridge's Law

Extremes meet.

No comments: