Sunday, May 07, 2006

Word of the Day

Poligician - A person who can pull a non-committal phrase out of their, uh, hat to fit any situation.

In the short time we've been back in Wisconsin, I've started a batch of Dandelion Schnapps which I'll make into Sweet Dandy Liqueur in a few months. I've hung out all my windchimes, even the new one that I probably shouldn't have bought but it was less than $20 and I couldn't resist. I'm sure that I'm driving the fishermen crazy with all the windchime clank and clammer. I've hung out my bird feeders. Seed, humming and Oriole. I've seen the first of the goldfinches as they munch happily on seeds. I washed a ton of clothes. Though he tells me it isn't true, I think that #1 son hasn't washed clothes since Christmas when I washed them for him in Arizona. I couldn't believe the amount of dirty clothes he brought home this weekend. The socks were actually crusty. They could have stood alone in the corner. I ran out of hangers for his shirts!

HTP left before lunch to take #1 son back to college. Finals week. I still have nightmares about the dreaded FINALS WEEK. That and returning to school after a long Christmas Break and forgetting my locker combination or hunting fruitlessly for an elusive locker down endless halls and stairways. I don't think I'm a prime candidate for going back to school at this point. Just thinking about it makes me break out into a cold sweat.

Anyway, while HTP is gone to The Big City (obviously, I stayed home) I decided to make some homemade bread. I'm pondering the possibility of making a sugarfree rhubarb pie but maybe I should save that for tomorrow. I did bring the geraniums up to the deck so they'll stop looking so pale and sprouty. I've got to get that garden tilled too.... There's always so many things that I love to do here at The Lake. I'd be out fishing right now but the dock isn't in yet and I don't have my license. Next week. Maybe next week. This weekend was the opener of fishing season but there will be plenty of fish left for me in the lake next week or whenever I can get that chance to go out fishing legally.

Murphyism of the Day

Ginsberg's Theorem

1. You can't win.

2. You can't break even.

3. You can't even quit the game.

No comments: