Saturday, May 20, 2006

Word of the Day

Pulp friction - Bargain brand bathroom tissue.

I've got books. The books that I ordered over the internet have arrived...most of them. I'm trying to show some restraint. I started reading one of them but I'm trying to savor the experience. At least...I'm going to try. I feel like what I'm sure a drug-addict feels when he sees his next fix. BOOKS! Must read BOOKS!

Wine-making. My sister came over and we've started the ball rolling on our wine-making project(s). It's kind of difficult because we've got two different recipes and two different types of wine and we keep on getting mixed up. We boiled got the water boiling and poured it over the lilac blossoms. Now that has to sit and steep for 48 hours before we mess with it again. We crammed the dandelion petals into two nylon knee highs and boiled them for 20 minutes. I'm waiting for the mixture to cool right now. As soon as it cools, I need to continue on. I'm afraid it's going to be a rather late night for me. My sister decided that "You can take it from here" and she's right. These things take time. How long does it take to cool this stuff and then I need to add more stuff and boil it and then I have to cool it again to an exact temperature? I'm supposed to keep careful notes. We also started a batch of lilac schnapps. Update in one month.

Arizona daughter and her husband are coming to visit us in June. They're going to buy the car that HTP's parents own but need to get rid of now that neither of them can drive. So, they'll fly in, spend a couple of days with us, and then drive said vehicle back to Arizona. It sure will be nice to have them here even if it's only for a couple of days.

I still haven't done any fishing. No bait. I still haven't tilled the garden. Too busy making wine. Tomorrow? Maybe. We'll see.

Murphyism of the Day

Hawkin's Theory of Progress

Progress doesn't consist of replacing a theory that is wrong with one that is right. It consists in replacing a theory that is wrong with one that is more subtly wrong.

No comments: