Saturday, May 13, 2006

Word of the Day

Porchment papers - Small townitis; reading the daily blab on ones' porch.

It's raining. It rains quite often here at The Lake. Especially on weekends. I remember this from my youth. My sister's husband appropriately named our oasis here The Tropical Rainforest of the North. Too true. On occasion today, I noticed that the sun is trying desperately to cut through the clouds but to no avail.

Time to go out and bring in more logs for the fire. We had a nice fire going yesterday to drive away the chill in the air. It worked. I've got plenty of logs stacked up in our garage where they'll stay dry and burnable and where I don't have to brave the wet to collect.

We're celebrating tonight. #1 son has completed his finals. HTP bought some nice steaks that we'll grill out on the deck. We'll have baked potatoes, salad and asparagus tips. And, throwing diets to the wind, a chocolate oreo cake.

Murphyism of the Day

Aristotle's Dictum

One should always prefer the probable impossible to the improbable impossible.

No comments: