Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Word of the Day

Premorseful - Knowing full well that you will be sorry for what you are going to do!

HTP and #1 son have left for the airport. HTP won't be back here until late tonight because he wants to take care of some things for his folks while he's in The Big City. Me? I'm staying home this trip. I'm doing the dog-sitting this time. My folks decided to go to The Big City too. So it's my turn to take care of dogs.

I've also been doing some online shopping. My tame raspberries that I planted last year are doing great. They were one of my experiments from last summer. Since they survived the winter just fine and the deer didn't get them, I decided to order more raspberry plants to plant along the borders of my yard. The deer may get them but it's kind of like playing the lottery. If you don't play, you can't win. If I don't ever plant something because of a fear that the deer will eat it, than I'll never know what the true outcome would be. Makes sense to me. I also ordered some books online. There are no close bookstores to The Lake so I have to depend on getting my favorites at the grocery store (selection limited) or Walmart (selection limited). Online bookstores may not be perfect when it comes to immediate gratification but the selection is unlimited. Only...I have to wait for my books to come in the mail. I REALLY hate waiting but such is life.

I found a recipe for Dandelion Wine. I need 2 quarts of dandelion petals. I picked 1 quart this morning. This is going to take a while. Good thing the recipe says that I can pick and freeze until I get enough. I must say that picking and de-petalling dandelions isn't as easy as it sounds. However, it is good exercise. AND...more to the point...I will have the added bonus of Dandelion Wine....in about a year. I REALLY hate waiting but.....

Murphyism of the Day

Dunlap's Laws of Physics

1. Fact is solidified opinion

2. Facts may weaken under extreme heat and pressure.

3. Truth is elastic.

No comments: