Monday, May 15, 2006

Word of the Day

Prefreshments - Assorted light foods, appetizers.

HTP is taking #1 son to the airport tomorrow. So, even though today isn't laundry day, I'm doing laundry. I can't send #1 son off to Arizona for a week in dirty underwear. What I can't understand is that now that #1 son is home and has added his laundry to HTP and my laundry, I have more than twice as much laundry that I'm doing. Despite the fact that I have a heavy duty washer and dryer set, I now have two full loads of dark clothes per week. Before I only had a half load of dark clothes that I needed to wash each week. That was before #1 son came home for the summer. It's going to take all day to get the laundry done so HTP will have to go do the shopping in town all by himself. He's got a list.

On top of that, I'm hoping that HTP and #1 son will put the dock in today. It would be nice to have the boat in too but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'll just be happy to be able to sit out on the dock. I don't have my fishing license yet so sitting on the dock is about the most I would be able to do anyway.

I got to talk to both my daughters yesterday. They did their usual "woo-woo" stuff and called at the same time. I think they're psychic. They always decide they have to call me at the same time. This time Arizona beat DD Daughter to the phone by seconds and DD Daughter emailed to complain that my phone was busy. There isn't call-waiting on our phone here at The Lake but I do have DSL so I was able to field DD Daughter's email as I talked on the phone with Arizona daughter. Anyway, I eventually got to talk to both of them and they both wished me a happy Mother's Day. It was wonderful to hear from both of them.

Murphyism of the Day

Fagin's Rule on Past Prediction

Hindsight is an exact science.

No comments: