Friday, May 19, 2006

Word of the Day

Pullet surprise - Chicken salad sandwich.

Exhaustion sets in. We had someone come this morning to pump out our septic tank. He had to dig up my yard because, "the exposed cleanout pipes never work all that great." So now I have an area in my beautiful grass yard which looks like someone dug it up and tried to patch it. Oh well, I don't have to do this again for another three years.

Yesterday, my sister and her husband brought over boxes and boxes of canning jars and empty wine bottles yesterday. They brought over two huge glass jugs for wine-making along with four huge plastic pails for wine-making. All kinds of wine-making equipment that my sister and I will put into use in the next day or so. And all kinds of glasses...wine, champagne, cordial, juice, highballs. I couldn't just leave all that stuff sitting in my front hallway. So, I spent most of the morning hauling the jars down to my basement. I must have gone up and down those stairs thirty or forty times today. Maybe more. And I can't remember the amount of times that I've been up and down the steps of the stepladder that I needed to get to the upper cupboards. Or the amount of ups and downs that I did while we put the boat and the dock in yesterday. On the plus side? My knees aren't bothering me a bit...and they really should be bothering me. I think that the fact that my knees aren't crippling me right now proves that the CM Response supplement that I've been taking is working. CM Response is a joint medication for humans. Our vet recommended the dog formula Cetyl-M for our poor little chihuahua who has had two surgeries for joint problems. I decided that since it seemed to work so well for her, I'd give the human formula for me.

After hauling and storing all the canning jars and wine-making supplies, I went to pick up my sister. We needed to do some shopping. More wine-making supplies. Plus, we each had other stuff that we needed while we were in town. I bought some more bird seed and a new feeder. We both had to stop to visit The Great Outdoors. Cute shop. I bought a couple of coffee mugs and a nightlight. My sister bought a cute frame. We stopped for lunch at La Casa Mexicana. Very good. I'm really picky about Mexican food. Especially the salsa. The food was great!

So now, I'm washing a batch of antique blue canning jars before I decoratively store them above my kitchen cabinets. I already have a bunch of them up there but there's plenty of room for this batch too. I actually do can with these jars if the rims aren't chipped. They work especially well for things like pickles. The chipped jars? I keep those too. They still look pretty and interesting up on the top of my kitchen cabinets.

I already washed the glasses and found a place for them in one of my kitchen cabinets. And now I've got chicken oven-frying in my oven and I'm thinking about cleaning up some broccoli to go with our supper. Exhaustion. I may just have enough energy left to open up that bottle of Pinot Grigio that I have chilling in the fridge.

Murphyism of the Day

Halgren's Solution

When in trouble, obfuscate.

No comments: