Monday, May 01, 2006

Word of the Day

Plandemonium - organized chaos.

On the Road Again - Day 2

Happy Anniversary Brother and B! I bet you thought I forget. Hope you had a great day!

We hit the road at around 8:30 AM. The drive was beautiful. The snow remained picture perfect, gracing the sides of the road and frosting the trees. The roads were dry. The snow-capped mountains stood firm against a blue sky.

And then....

Just on the outskirts of Denver, where I-76 cuts off toward Fort Morgan, my folks went straight when they should have gone east with us. Oh well. Such events make the trip more interesting. We tried frantically to call them on the walkie-talkie radio but range if everything with those things. Anyway, my Dad told us, when they finally caught up to us at our hotel for the evening, that the last thing that he heard HTP say in the crackling, fading reception was..."Sorry guys, I guess you're on your own." Good thing they had a map. In our own defense, I will say that that cut off wasn't well marked. I almost missed it myself. And, we did try to call them on their cell phone. Which...if you know my folks...wasn't turned on. They never bother to turn on their cell phone. They use it for emergencies. And this wasn't an emergency?

We'll be heading to Des Moines tomorrow. I promise to try and do a better job of not losing my parents this time.

Murphyism of the Day

Postal Principle

People usually get what's coming to them....unless it's been mailed.

No comments: