Thursday, June 01, 2006

Word of the Day

CACOPHANY - A musical composition incorporating many people with chest colds.

Jarhead Red. My Jarhead Red wine arrived via UPS today. I'm enjoying my first sips of it as I write my blog today. It's only natural that I should be eager to give it a taste. So, what kind of name is Jarhead Red for a wine? I think it's a darn good name for a wonderful tasting wine. Jarhead Red is a wine made by Marines, for Marines, at Firestone Vineyard on California’s Central Coast. Net proceeds from the sale of this wine benefit the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, which provides educational assistance to children of U.S. Marines, with special attention given to children of fallen Marines. Jarhead Red is a Cabernet Sauvignon with a pleasing tartness. I want to thank my fellow Marine Mom, Jarheadlady, for the heads up on this wine. I may not be a Marine like Jarheadlady, but I'm a Marine Mom. Now...I just need to wait for my new cookbooks to come. Command of the Grill All proceeds from the sale of the cookbooks go to charities that support wounded or killed U.S. Marines and their families. I'll have to save a bottle of that Jarhead Red to go with whatever I cook up using a recipe from that book. There's not much that I enjoy more than a good cookbook...unless it's reading a good cookbook while drinking a wonderful glass of wine.

Murphyism of the Day

Disimoni's Rule of Cognition

Believing is seeing.

No comments: