Saturday, June 03, 2006

Word of the Day

DILL PICCOLINI - An exceedingly small wind instrument that plays only sour notes.

#1 son went to The Big City yesterday. I'm not sure when he'll be back. Tonight? Tomorrow? I suppose it all depends upon what he has to do there. It sounded like he was going to do some work on the solar car.

My folks, HTP and I planned to go to a pancake breakfast at one of the local dairy farms. Dairy week. The thing is that when we got there the line to buy the tickets was SO long that we decided the better part of valor was to retreat. We decided to go into the city and eat breakfast at The Norske Nook. Very good. I had a Denver omelet Lefse wrap. HTP had a HUGE blueberry pancake, eggs and toast. Then, of course, we couldn't leave the city without stopping at Walmart and the Marketplace grocery store.

I had to buy another pair of pants at Walmart to replace the ones that I ruined when I was cleaning the boat. Here's a helpful hint: Don't wear clothes that you happen to like while using one of those cleaners that eradicates mildew. D'OH! Here's MY sign! I'm really not stupid but sometimes I think I put my brain in park. Gee? Do you think there might be bleach in that cleaner? D'OH! Oh well, the mildew is gone and I bought a new pair of pants. Lesson learned. Oh...and now I have a brand new pair of bleach stained pants that I can keep to wear the next time I decide to clean the boat.

Murphyism of the Day

Kierkegaard's Observation

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward.

No comments: