Saturday, June 24, 2006

Word of the Day

BASSO CONTINUO - When musicians are still fishing long after the legal season has ended.

I finally finished watering the lawn. In the rain. Yup. Yet another way to make it rain. #1 son called from Spooner to ask HTP to check the radar. He was with the solar car group. They were doing a road test of their solar car and I imagine the rain was throwing them off a bit. We assured him that the rain had stopped. If they didn't go too fast, they wouldn't catch up to single cloud that had dumped on them and if they went just fast enough, they would beat the second bunch of clouds that were coming in from the west. #1 son tell me that the solar car does run if the sun isn't shining. He even went into some detail about it but even though I am pretty good at speaking Spanish, I don't have much of a grasp of EngineerSpeak. The words are all understandable when they stand alone but when #1 son and HTP string them together and make sentences out of them they may as well be speaking a foreign language. Actually, by definition, it is a foreign language...to me.

By the time I got out to do some fishing, the sun was shining brightly. Too brightly. Too warm. I wouldn't be surprised to find that I burned my nose. My nose is always the first thing to get a sunburn. I don't care how much sunblock I use, my nose turns red if I just think about going out in the sun without a hat. Oh well, maybe I'll try my luck fishing again later tonight. I did get some more crayfish from my traps. I've got water on to boil as I write this. I re-baited my traps so I'll check again tomorrow. My crayfish do make a wonderful appetizer.

Murphyism of the Day

Hoare's Law of Large Problems

Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get out.

No comments: