Thursday, June 22, 2006

Word of the Day

ANTIPHONAL - Referring to the prohibition of cell phones in the concert hall

By now you all are well aware of my "little" phobia when it comes to dentists. I had a dental appointment today. Actually, the very fact that I could actually call a dental office and arrange for an appointment shows how much progress I've made over the years. On the other hand, I need to be drugged to the gills with happy pills and happy gas whenever they start even thinking about putting sharp objects into my mouth. My appointment went OK today. However. I have to go back. Repeatedly. Groan! I now have another prescription for happy pills....or I will as soon as I can get to Wally World to get the prescription filled. Disaster. One of my worse nightmares. I had to make SIX follow-up appointments. Groan!!!! Double Groan and Puke! Followup Appointment One will entail the removal of an existing crown...drilling out whatever shouldn't have been there in the first place, and then installing a temporary crown. Followup Appointment Two will entail the installation of a brand new replacement crown. Followup Appointment Three will prep yet another tooth (cracked) for a temporary crown. Follow up Appointment Four will install a brand new gold crown to add to my collection. Follow up Five will finally get around to cleaning my teeth...and fitting me for a mouth guard so that when I grind my teeth...no further damage will occur. Follow up Six? They'll fit me with mouth guard that I hope I only have to wear in bed. As you can probably imagine, all this will cost plenty. Logically I know that I will have to get my teeth fixed. I do have a degree at a credited University. Maniacally, I want to run away...far away where no-one can come near my teeth with sharp objects and power tools. It sure would be nice if I didn't ever have to force myself to endure hours of pain without a modicum of complaint.

Murphyism of the Day

The Rational Fallacy

Everything happens for a reason.

No comments: