Friday, June 09, 2006

Word of the Day

GAUL BLATTER - A French horn player.

Arizona Daughter and her husband are here. They're only here until tomorrow morning so as you can imagine things have been hectic. How can you fit a summer's worth of The Lake activities into on full day. A very full day. Arizona Daughter got up at 5 AM and made us some blueberry cream scones for breakfast. I was going to make blueberry pancakes but she beat me to the punch. Can't complain. The blueberry cream scones were delicious.

We've been fishing. We went out for lunch at the Birchwood Cafe and had batter-fried cheese curds. We had beer. We went over to visit with my folks and then take a tour of my sister's renovated lakehome. We're going to have steaks on the grill for supper. And right now, Arizona Daughter and her husband are out hiking.

We sampled the Sweet Dandy Liqueur last night. We'll sample the Viola Liqueur tonight. I'm sending the rest of the unstrained Dandelion Schnapps back to Arizona with them. I think it'll make a strange and wonderful substitute for tequila.

I'm already exhausted. I think I'll take a quick nap while they're off hiking in the woods.

Murphyism of the Day

Bohr's Axiom

The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.

No comments: