Friday, June 02, 2006

Word of the Day

CORAL SYMPHONY- A large, multi-movement work from Beethoven's Caribbean Period.

My garden is sprouting! It is truly a wonder to behold. I think that you can actually see the bean sprouts as they push their way through that top layer of soil. Once upon a time, I remember trying to count how many buffalo there were that were milling around in herd in South Dakota. I was young. Really young. Anyway, they kept moving so I never did get an accurate count of how many there were. I did a lot of that when I was young. Counting. Have you ever tried to count prairie dogs? I never got an accurate count of them either with them popping up here and there or scurrying back into this burrow or that. So, I was reminded of those times because I was trying to count to see how many of my beans had sprouted and I kept losing track because no sooner did I get to the end of the bed but a few more had pushed their way to the surface while I was trying to make and accurate count. Hah! That's OK. I'm pretty sure that all the seeds...or most of the seeds that I planted have sprouted. There may be a few hold-outs or maybe a chipmunk or robin got a couple but it looks like I'm heading for a healthy garden.

Murphyism of Day

The Siddhartha Principle

You cannot cross a river in two strides.

No comments: