Thursday, June 08, 2006

Word of the Day

FRUGALHORN - A sensible and inexpensive brass instrument.

HTP and #1 son just drove off for The Big City. This is going to be one of those ants in my pants days. I'm excited that my Arizona daughter and her hubby are going to be here by tonight but they won't be here until tonight and tonight is a long way from right now. I HATE WAITING! The way I figure it, time will speed by today like a snail in the hot desert sun. So why didn't I go too? The thing is that there really isn't enough room in the car for all of us and luggage and everything. There's something arriving from UPS and someone had to be here to receive it. The dogs. #1 son had drop something off in The Big City for the solar car project people. HTP had to go because of his folks. Other than me seeing my daughter and her husband a few hours longer, I was low man on the priority list of "Need to go to The Big City" people. I suppose we could have taken two cars but.... I'm an adult. I can wait.

I think I'm going to mix up a batch of Viola Liqueur and a batch of Lilac Liqueur. I want to see if there's a difference in the flavors. I'm pretty sure the flavor will be lots different than the Sweet Dandy Liqueur.

Then...I noticed that my homemade bread is half gone. Time to make another loaf of that.

Then...I need to make sure the bathrooms are clean.

Then...Check to see if anything has changed in my garden.

I'm not going to make a pie. I think #1 son wants to make cheesecake while his sister is here. No point in overdosing the dessert thing.

OH...now I remember...I need to put more beer in the fridge. And chill a bottle of Pinot Grigio.

Lots to do for this White Rabbit (Grey Frog) so maybe the time will go a little quicker between right now and tonight.

Murphyism of the Day

Bacon's Maxim

Truth comes out of error more easily than out of confusion.

No comments: