Thursday, June 15, 2006

Word of the Day

SPRITZICATO - An indication to string instruments to produce a bright and bubbly sound.

My sister and I went to the city today to do some shopping. I know that I was just in the city yesterday to do some shopping but I needed to go shopping with my sister...not HTP. If HTP had been there I wouldn't have stopped at the thrift stores to buy bottles and books. If HTP had been there I wouldn't have bought trellises for my raspberries. If HTP had been there I wouldn't have bought more plants. Besides...I needed to buy some groceries for the Father's Day get-together at my sister's place. And if HTP had been there I wouldn't have been able to have lunch at The Adventures. I had a salad. Rabbit food. I hope it made up for the Spotted Cow beer that I ordered.

My sister and I continued on with our latest wine-making project. It has to sit in the basement for two more days before I add some gelatin. And then it has to sit for three months before we bottle it for the first time, then another month before we bottle it, cork it, label it and leave it to age. Wine-making isn't an instant gratification thing. The wine we're making this summer won't be really good for at least a couple of years. Thank goodness that isn't true for the liqueurs we're making.

My new plants are all planted. My trellises are in place. Now I have to figure out what to make for supper.... Oh this is way too boring. Do you really want to know that I made spaghetti with Italian sausage for supper? Oh...and that #1 son used an entire head of iceberg lettuce when he made our salad? I suppose that it was good for us. You know what's really a shocker? We actually ate an entire head of iceberg lettuce along with our spaghetti tonight. It's not easy being green.

Murphyism of the Day

Tatman's Rule

Always assume that your assumption is invalid.

No comments: