Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Word of the Day

SCHMALZANDO - A sudden burst of music from the Guy Lombardo band.

It's warm outside again. Though we did get rain while Arizona Daughter and her husband were here, it was only enough rain to make things look dreary. I need to go out and water the garden. My grass lawn looks a bit crisp but I may just leave it. I REALLY hate running around dancing with portable sprinklers.

My peonies are blossoming. This is a first for them this year. Unfortunately, they were supposed to be red peonies and they aren't. They're pink. I bought some other peonies that aren't blossoming that were labeled pink but the tag for the peonies that are blossoming said that these were going to be red. They're pink. Now what? They are pretty but I was looking forward to having some red peonies. I wanted red because I like red. I'm wondering what color the pink ones are that I bought. White? I mean it only stands to reason. I guess I'll have to see if I can get some red ones from Gurney's or Burpee's if I still want to dig more holes in my yard. I got these pink ones from a local grower...who must be color-blind or confused or senile or someone got their jollies switching the tags in the planters. Oh well....a wise woman once told me that you shouldn't buy a pig in a poke or a flowering plant that isn't flowering because you never know what you'll end up with.

Murphyism of the Day

Wilde on Advice

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.

No comments: