Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Word of the Day

COL LEGNO - An indication to cellists to hold on tight with their lower extremities

One down and four to go...at least I hope it's only four. I had a dental appointment again today. I now have a temporary temporary crown. The dentist doesn't want to put a temporary crown on it until he sees how it's going. Apparently The Butcher Dentist of Mesa screwed up and left a file tip down in the root area of my tooth. I didn't feel anything but our dentist here in Wisconsin was upset about it and told me that the root area of that tooth, hiding under its crown, was already infected. He decided not to put a crown on it until he makes sure the infection doesn't come back. So, after two and a half hours in the dentist chair I now have a temporary temporary crown. I have to go back on July 5th when he'll check the progress of my root area for that tooth and preps another tooth for a crown. Lovely. I am SO looking forward to all this.

HTP and I went out and picked strawberries after my appointment. I just finished cooking four batches of sugarfree strawberry jam. I still have enough berries left to make a couple more batches of jam but I'm out of pectin. I want to make a couple batches of rhubarb/strawberry jam too...and some pies. I guess that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Baruch's Observation

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

No comments: