Friday, June 16, 2006

Word of the Day

TEMPO TANTRUM - What an elementary school orchestra is having when it's not following the conductor.

It's a hot and humid day today. I've checked the weather radar and we probably won't get any rain despite all the predictions. So, I'm out doing the sprinkler dance. The dance may or may not be completed by dusk. My brother-in-law gifted The Lake with a pet name. Tropical Rainforest of the Midwest. The Lake is not living up to its pet name this year. Last year I was harvesting Fairy Ring mushrooms from yard. This year? Someone turned off the spigot. It may be humid today but that's the extent of it. I'll be going out to move the sprinklers again in about a half hour.

#1 son left early this morning for The Big City. He's involved with the solar car project at his college. Actually, he'll be traveling to Taiwan in September with some other students on the solar car team to participate in a solar car event. In the meantime, #1 son and the entire team are really keeping busy.

Unicorn. A unicorn is a mythical creature...or it just may have missed out when Noah loaded all the animals two by two onto the ark. Literally it refers to a creature with one horn. I am growing a single horn as we speak and there is nothing mythical about it. OK. It's not really a horn. It's a lump. Two coolers that we keep stored in our garage on top of some cabinets attacked me this morning, coshing me on the head. So? I have a rather off-center "horn" and bruise on my forehead....and a headache. Actually, right now it looks like I either got attacked by a wasp, a bee, or a deerfly...and I lost. Time to go raid the freezer for a frozen pea icepack.

Murphyism of the Day

Young's Rule of Argument

They can't agree with you if you don't agree with them.

No comments: